Thursday, June 5, 2008

january something 2009

that's my due date. i'll explain later, but first i must say i am truly amazed at God's goodness to us that He has allowed another little baby to start growing inside me. we announced it to our parents last week. i put avery's shirt on tatum that says "i'm the big sister." my mom really didn't notice at first, then i said "look at tatum's shirt - she's trying to tell you something." then there was a great reaction. brian's mom screamed and jumped up and down. we kindof thought people might think we're crazy for having another one so close (tatum will be 20 months older than this one), but everyone has been so happy for us. we are really happy too.
okay, about the due date... my obgyn that delivered avery & tatum and who i absolutely loved has quit OB, so i've been forced to find a new OB. today i went in for my first appointment with the new one hoping to have the ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat, find out my due date, etc. (sidenote: i'd been praying God would give me a clear feeling, good or bad, about whether or not this is the right person to deliver my baby.) let me just say i will never step foot in that place again. i was traumatized. i really can't even go into details because it's still so unnerving, but i didn't get to have an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat and so i still have no idea what my due date is. but thankfully God knows and will reveal that fun little fact soon enough. so needless to say, i am desperately trying to find another doctor. the problem is that teachers have crappy insurance so i have to find someone who takes my crappy insurance and there's is not a wide selection.
anyway, the bright spot of today, at least i think it's bright, is that on the way to the traumatic event mentioned above, i flipped my car. not literally, but i turned it over from 99,999 to 100,000 miles. i took pictures to document it, but they are not that exciting to anyone but me.
i love my honda cr-v. sadly it doesn't hold 3 carseats, so it's future is very uncertain right now.
okay, the other bright spot of my day is that tatum kissed me about 10 times tonight when i was trying to rock her to sleep. how can i resist that cute little face up in my face pushing her little lips out as best she can to show me she wants kisses. and the joyful look on her face when i pucker up and give her one.
lastly, we took the girls to our neighborhood pool today, and there were some older girls jumping off the diving board. brian asked avery if she wanted to jump off the board to him. she said yes, but we felt sure she would chicken out. well i'll be darned if that girl didn't march right up on the board with her care bears floaties and gleefully leap off the board into brian's waiting arms. she proceeded to do it about 90 more times. it was great.

6 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

oh me oh my...I have to have the doctor details soon when you have a free minute to email me! Sounds like God showed you clearly that this OB WAS NOT the one!!! How sweet of Tatum with her kisses and I bet Brian wishes he hadn't suggested the diving board :) Hope you're feeling well and I'll be excited to hear about the next OB visit....

Ronda said...

Congratulations, Melanie! How exciting to have another one on the way! I now understand why you and Brian are struggling to understand what the Lord wants for you next year, too! I hope you've found some direction in the past few weeks, and I pray you find a doctor you're comfortable with. That's too important!

cristina said...

congrats!

i pray you find the right doctor. sorry for whatever happened that was so unpleasant, but it is a blessing to find out so early NOT to go back. :) silver lining, silver lining....

Sara Mac said...

Oh Melanie, I so happy for you guys! I can't wait to have another 2nd cousin running around on the holidays. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all! We are happy to hear your news. Looking forward to hearing how your next appt goes and keeping you in our prayers!

Kelly Bowman said...

Congratulations Melanie, that is so exciting. I found your blog off of the Wrights, I love your blog it is great. Hope you are feeling well.