Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Please pray...

Please pray for Melinda, a co-worker. Her husband died unexpectedly last night. She has two kids, ages 5 and 2. I'm pretty sure she is a believer. Pray God will comfort and encourage her through this time, and provide for all her needs. Pray God will show me how I can help.

Please pray for Ray, one of my students. He has missed school the past week and I found out why today. He is homeless and has been looking for a job so he can afford to eat and find a place to sleep. Pray God will let him find a job so he can provide for himself. He is 18 and I don't know the details of why he is homeless now, but I know he has had a tough life, and been dealt some hard knocks during his life. Pray God will show me how I can help.

While you're praying, please lift up my family as Dec. 26 is the one-year anniversary of my cousin Josh's death. He was 31 when he died tragically last Christmas. Pray especially for my Aunt Janice (his mom), my cousins Charissa & Emily (his sisters) and his daughter, Aria. This time of year must be so bittersweet for them. Josh was the funniest, most gentle and loving person you could know. We all miss him terribly.

THANKS for your prayers!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, that is a lot of pain around you, Melanie. I'm so sorry about your cousin and your co-worker's husband and this student in your class. I will pray!