Friday, March 6, 2009

My great week back

My first week back at work has come and gone, and it has been a really good week. Really. First of all, my mom stayed here all week, and made my life super easy by helping out with cooking, doing dishes, bathing the girls, entertaining the girls and pretty much anything else you can think of. All I really had to do was get up and go to work and feed Laney. Nice.
So here's how I did the feeding thing while I was at work. Thanks to the great advice from a couple friends, I think we got it figured out.

5:15am - Wake up & feed Laney
5:45am - Get dressed, eat breakfast, have quiet time, etc.
6:30am - Pump (milk that cow) :)
6:45am - Leave for work
8:00am - Laney wakes up & my mom feeds her the bottle I pumped.
10:30am - I get home and feed her myself (can you say engorgement??!!)

That's how it worked and it went great! Praise the Lord! Laney was such a trooper, she took those bottles like a champ! She is still waking up in the middle of the night, usually around 2-3 am for a feeding, but that's okay because I've started putting her down around 8:00pm , which means all the girls are in bed by 8:00 and we can have a normal evening again!

It was great to see my teacher friends again and everyone was glad to see me. My students got into some bad habits while I was gone and it has been alot of work whipping them back into shape, but I must say it is good to be back. And it was nice to be missed so much. We just started the JFK unit this week, which the kids always love because they are so interested in the assassination of JFK. Needless to say, although very sad, it is fun to teach things that the kids really want to listen to and learn. Also, it was good to see the FCA kids yesterday at our meeting. They are planning a lock-in next weekend at the YMCA so that should be really fun.

Brian's baseball team has been doing really well, they have played 3 games this week and won all 3. And they have two more this afternoon and one tomorrow! Yes, that is a lot of baseball for one week, but it's just how the beginning of the season goes. In a couple weeks, it will settle down to only two games per week. I can't wait for that!

The most exciting news is that we are starting the process of MOVING!!! We are meeting with a real estate agent on Monday and we have already gotten our pre-approval letter done. We love our neighborhood and neighbors, but we have just outgrown our sweet little 1500 sq. ft. house. We are needing more elbow room in a serious way, and we are really excited about the prospect of a bigger house. We are praying we will be able to sell our house quickly and that God will lead us to just the right house in just the right neighborhood when it's time. My project for this weekend is to de-clutter all the closets and floor space. If anyone has any selling/buying/moving tips for me, I would gladly accept any advice you can give. Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

nikki said...

I'm so glad your first week went so well. It's nice to be missed, isn't it?

How exciting that you guys are moving! Besides the work, I love moving. And I love having the opportunity to go through things and throw them out.

Please tell the "nikki girls" hello from me:)

cristina said...

you've been on my mind all week...i was praying for a good week back for you. so glad to hear it went well--how wonderful that your mom was here to help.

and the moving news is great. i will be praying for that too. i would love to talk to you about this since it's still pretty fresh in my mind. can that be the reason we finally hang out? i'd love to come help. :)

i'll check in with you later. have a great weekend!

Tiffany said...

Yay for a great week!! Thought about you all week long. I am so excited for you about the moving arrangements and will be praying that goes smoothly and hassle free! You amaze me.