Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Weekend in Pictures

Fun times swimming with the family over labor day weekend...



Avery's long hair (story to follow)


Laney STANDING UP next to her cousin Tara. These two little buddies babbled to each other all weekend. I can only imagine what their conversations will be like in a year or two!

A couple days ago I got tired of combing the rat's nest out of Avery's hair every day, so I decided we were going to cut it. Thankfully she was okay with it because Tinkerbell has short hair too. So I got my special hair scissors and I chopped off about 8 inches of hair. We were both really happy about it and it looks alot healthier and thicker now that it's shorter.

Anyway, the next night, after the girls were already in bed, I went into my bathroom and found my hair scissors out on the counter and a few clusters of hair on the floor. I knew I had not done a perfect job on Avery's hair the day before, so I asked Brian if he had decided to even out Avery's hair or if he thought his mom might have decided to cut her hair a little bit. He said no. Turns out our little angel Avery had gone into my bathroom, found the hair scissors that I keep in the back of my jewelry box (where no one can find them!), and taken off a few strands at the front of her hair. She now has a row of uneven itty bitty bangs. I can't decide if it's not that bad and I should just leave it, or if I should just take her to get some real bangs cut (I don't trust myself to cut her bangs... I've tried before and it wasn't cute). Look at the pictures and give me your opinion.

Here's the damage up close:

Here she is the morning after our discovery:

I know it could have been much worse, so I am thankful it's just a few strands of hair. Tatum has the best morning hair ever. I hope it never "calms down" because it makes me smile every morning. Here's the back of Avery's hair so you can see how much I cut.


We enjoyed having some family & friends over to our house on Sunday. Thankfully it was nice & cool and the rain held off for us, so we really had a great time. Here's Avery & Tatum with their buddies Carson & Rylin.

I was explaining to Avery a few days ago how I used to be named Melanie McR**, but when I married Daddy, his name was Mr. K, so I became Mrs. K. It took some explaining, but she finally understood that a woman changes her name when she gets married and takes the last name of the man she marries. It didn't take her long to decide who she wants to marry. She is officially in search of an eligible 4-year old with the last name "Bell" so she can marry him and be named Miss Bell (as in Tinker-Bell). :)


2 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

I'm a fan of "no bangs" so I would just let them grow out! That is a funny story for your scrapbook. Tatum does have great morning hair that I'm sure brings a smile to your face. Thanks for the comment on my blog about our gmothers! Was the dip a success????

Tiffany said...

Great pics and stories...lol. Mrs. Bell!