Thursday, June 17, 2010

Avery's 1st Dance Recital

I would be lying if I said I was excited about this day. I have felt completely awkward during this whole dance experience for Avery. I am so NOT a dance mom, but for Avery's sake, I have tried really hard to get into it and learn from the other moms how to do it right. She has enjoyed it, but thankfully she hasn't fallen in love with it. I'm planning for us to try gymnastics or something else besides dance next fall. Anyway, today is finally here... the dance recital! We got up at 7:30 to take her to get her hair done. Then dress rehearsal at 9:00 am. I didn't even know I was supposed to bring make-up, that's why she's the only one in the picture without make-up. I'll bring some for her tonight. These pictures are from this morning's rehearsal. I must admit, it was pretty stinkin' cute. The show starts at 6:30, wish us luck!




Avery, my precious princess, I love you so much. I will support you and do the best I can to help you in whatever activity you decide to fall in love with. For me, it was basketball (my poor mom). For you, it may very well be dance. And that's okay. Just seeing you enjoy yourself and learn new things (like doing a tondu, which I had never heard of until you taught it to me) puts a big smile on my face and makes me so proud to be your mama! I can't wait to see you on stage tonight!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

she's so pretty she doesn't even need makeup!!!! have fun tonight.

cristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cristina said...

mel, she is so cute! and you're doing great as a "dance mom"--that made me chuckle because i would love for one of my girls to love dance since i did it. *sigh*

i do remember the make up---never did like to have to do that, but those stage lights wash you all out. :)

hope it was great!

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Hi I'm chris, saw your comment on Jennifer's blog. Thought I would come and take a peek at your blog. You have beautiful girls and those recital pics remind me of when my girls (now 12 and 10) danced in their 1st recitals. It was so special. :) Nice meeting you.

Erica said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! What a good mommy you are to encourage her uniqueness!