Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Water to drink

avery thinks she looks pretty stylin' in my sunglasses. she's not real big on dressing up, but she loves accessories... shoes, jewelry (notice her pink plastic bracelet on her arm), sunglasses, hair clips, hats, etc. that's my girlie girl!

I really don't have an update about our new baby, other than I asked my mom to deliver it from home b/c I really don't want to find another OB. she said no. so i went ahead and scheduled another ultrasound appointment for next thursday, the 19th, with the OB that my old OB recommended. i am hopeful that it will be a good experience and i can finally give all of us a date to put on the calendar!

i have two new blogging friends! bethany and i grew up together in school and church ever since we were little bitty. she still lives in SA, and she and her husband are in ministry. oh and she is also a physical therapist! she is one of my oldest, dearest friends, and i just found out she's a blogger too, i'm so excited to keep up with you now, bethany! :)
kelly & i live around the corner from each other and go to church together. we used to be in the same sunday school class, but she & her husband split off to form a new class a couple years ago, so we only see each other in passing, but her kids, hunter & mia, are the same age as my girls, and we definately need to get together more, kelly!

Deep thought of the day:
The other day avery came in from the backyard and asked me for a cup of water. i told her i was so happy she asked me for water because i love to give her water b/c it is so good for her. then it occured to me that is just like my relationship with God. when i ask God for things He already wants to give me, He of course is glad to give them to me (like water). but when i ask for things He knows are not good for me (like juice), He doesn't. Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." I always loved that verse, but i didn't always realize it actually means He wants to change my heart's desires into what His desires are for me, so that He is able to give them to me.

3 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

She's a litte diva...glad to hear the updates and let us know about the new OB visit! Hope it's better than the last. jen

bec said...

Hey Mel,
Congrats on the new baby on the way. So exciting for you guys. I love you lots. I love the blog....keep it up.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the props! I enjoy reading your posts. I think we have something in commom...I will have to email you!