Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dilemma

Tatum and Laney playing footsies
Laney - 8 weeks old
Laney not so happy to be surrounded by sisters

For those of you who know me well, you know I have struggled with being a working mom for a while. Well, Brian & I decided a few weeks ago while I was still home that I was going to quit teaching next year so I could spend more time with the girls. This was okay, until we really started looking into selling our house and getting something larger. As you might imagine, those two things aren't really meshing. So we decided last week it would be worth it for me to work one more year so we can get a bigger house. So I braced my mind for the change of plans and decided to move forward with it.

Today I found out that my job is not my job anymore. I have already been replaced for next year. All the details aren't important, but my job-share partner quickly found another teacher to job-share with next year when she found out I wasn't planning to teach next year. She didn't want to work full-time and I don't blame her, so she took care of it quickly. Anyway, that leaves me unemployed for next year. I must admit, I am not that disappointed. I feel like God has His hand in this, and I am trusting that He has something else out there for me.

We would really like to move forward with getting our house ready to sell. We met with a real estate agent last night and she gave us a lot of helpful information to get the process started. We are still hopeful it will work out. However, we will probably put it on hold for a few weeks until I can secure employment somewhere. All this to say, although it's not comfortable having so much up in the air, in a way, it's the most comfortable place to be, because now it's up to God to do something for us. He has never let me down in my entire life, and I know He's not about to start now. I am excited to see what He will provide.

5 comments:

cristina said...

i'm excited to see God move too. i love how you say, "i am not that disappointed."

a friend just shared that familiar piece of encouragement, "the safest place to be is in the center of God's will." i will be praying that you seek Him in all this and find your security in Him. He is able to do more than we can ask or imagine. He is a big God and he loves you guys. i really think he's honoring your choice to stay home with your girls.

i'm excited with you, my friend!

Amanda said...

I'll be praying!

Unknown said...

I will be praying! But I totally feel ya on how now it's going to be interesting to watch God at work since we all know He will provide.

Kristen said...

I love Laney's little shirt! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you. I will be praying too.

Erica said...

Girl, those pictures are absolutely precious. Where did you get Laney's onesie?
I know the Lord is going to work all of this together for good!
I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
I also wanted to thank you for "following" my blog. Brian has asked me to put in some "privacy protection" so I put that in place today. I would love to keep you on the list. For some reason I can't find your e-mail address, so if you e-mail me your e-mail address and I will send you an invite.
ericastidham00@hotmail.com
Thanks for understanding.