Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Crazy Life

Well, we are almost homeless. We moved all our stuff into storage on Saturday and we moved in with Brian's parents on Sunday. Our house will have a new family in it in just a few days and we are very excited for them. We have had quite a rollercoaster ride looking for our new home and it isn't over yet. We put an offer on a house last week and found out that we were a few hours too late... they had just accepted another offer that afternoon. We were very disapointed, but I know God can see the big picture, and for some reason, that house wasn't His will for us. We are going out looking again today, and we are praying today will be the day we find our dream home!

The girls are being such good sports about it. I know it must be hard for their little minds to grasp that someone else is moving into our house. We went over to our house last night to take apart the playset in the backyard. I must admit my eyes filled up with tears seeing our backyard empty. The girls ran around in the empty backyard for about an hour playing chase and hide and seek and running circles around it. I think that memory will stick with me for a long time. There's such a mixture of emotions that goes into this moving process. It is especially difficult right now b/c we don't have the hope of a great new house that we can picture. Right now, we are giving up our sweet little house with no hope in sight. I know the Lord will provide another house for us, but since we have no idea where or what it's going to be, it's hard to be excited about it.

Okay, enough about the house. My little Tatum has been such a big girl the past couple nights. We didn't really have room for her crib anywhere at Brian's parents' house, so I decided it was time to try letting her sleep in the big bed with a bed rail. So we put her in the queen bed with Avery and she has done great! It is so cute to go in and check on them at night and see them cuddling up right next to each other in that big bed! They are a sweet little pair.

School is pretty much over. We are watching "Forrest Gump" this week, the perfect history movie. Final exams start Friday and go through next Wednesday, then summer is here! I have learned alot this school year. In my 5 years of teaching, this has been the hardest year I've ever taught. I think it was partly my own fault b/c of my attitude, partly b/c of my maternity leave and leaving my students with an inexperienced sub, and partly that some of my students were extra disrespectful and depraved. I've learned in teaching that some years are good and some are bad regardless of how you think you've improved as a teacher. You can be the most experienced teacher with all the best classroom management techniques, and if you get a rough group of kids, it's going to be a tough year. If you get a good group, it's going to be a good year. I pray next year will be an easier year than this one.

I am so thankful for the blessings in my life. My sweet husband and precious girls bring me so much joy every day. My in-laws have been so hospitable taking us in and helping us out with so many things. My parents have supported us and helped us out in every possible way they can. We have great friends and a great church that feed us and encourage us. We are truly blessed!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can only imagine how bittersweet it was to leave your house. I can't wait to see what God has waiting for you!

cristina said...

so excited for you...especially for how you're choosing to rest in God. :)

we were homeless for 10 days...i see now that in those days i was able to let go of our old house, where all my babies came home, where we'd made so many wonderful memories. once in a while i miss it still, but in those 10 days i was able to properly say "good bye" and from day one in this house, it has been home.

praising God for your in laws....what a blessing that they live in this town. (they ARE in town, right? regardless, you can be with them in this transition.)

Erica said...

Hey girl,
I have been thinking a lot about you guys. If you need to get out for a while and want to play, please give me a call!