Monday, November 2, 2009

Much Ado About Teeth

It finally came out! I don't know what Brian did, but while he was helping her brush her teeth tonight, the tooth finally decided to fall out! I was downstairs watching the Kate special on TLC so I didn't even hear the commotion until they got downstairs. I told Brian that my parents always made us gurgle warm saltwater when we lost a tooth, so he got Avery a HUGE glass of VERY salty water and told her to gurgle it. She took one sip and spewed it out on the kitchen floor. I don't blame her. I fondly remember the yucky taste of saltwater, mixed with the inner excitement of knowing what a huge accomplishment it was to lose a tooth. Anyway, Avery was so excited and proud of herself! And I must say, I am so proud of her. My brave little Ave!



Now we need to go figure out what the tooth fairy is going to put under her pillow tonight!! The tooth right next to it is loose too, so whatever we do tonight is going to set the standard for the rest of the three mouths full of teeth that will eventually all fall out. Huge night for us, huh? Er, I mean, the tooth fairy!
Speaking of teeth, Laney's top two teeth just poked through her gum last week. I can't wait until they drop down to where I don't have to hold her lip up to see them.
Lastly, I am so sad for Jon & Kate and their kids. So very sad. I don't know what to make of it, or who to blame for what happened to their marriage and I know that's not my job anyway. I think my job is to pray for them that God will heal their marriage, restore their faith and provide for their needs. Wouldn't that make an awesome tabloid story!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww! What a milestone!

cristina said...

we do the sakajawea (NO clue how to spell that!) gold dollar. it's just a buck, but a cool one.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Parker said, "cool" when I showed him Avery's lost tooth! Laney and Kate are getting their top 2 at the same time.....how fun. Hope all is well, I'll email you soon.

Erica said...

so fun...you will have to share what you did! Brea can't wait to get a "loosened tooth"

Kristen said...

I am with you on the Jon and Kate story too. I feel so led to pray for healing in their lives as well.
What a big girl...a missing tooth!
Love you friend.