Sunday, September 12, 2010

faith

tatum is in a stage right now where she does and says so many cute things. i often describe her as our rollercoaster because she can go from happy to sad faster than any child i've known. she wears her heart on her sleeve and you can tell what she's feeling by just one look at her face. there are good sides and bad sides to this, but one of the good sides i've noticed is her sensitivity to the Lord and her faith in Him even as a 3 year old.

When something is scary to the girls, Tatum is always the one who says, "we don't have to be afraid because God is with us."

She asked me this morning on the way to church what a palm is. So I showed her my palm and told her God has a huge hand and he is holding her safe in the palm of His hand. I closed my fingers tight over my palm to show her how God is holding her.

So today when i went in to wake her up from her nap, it was thundering outside. we sat there and listened to the thunder for a minute. She said she was afraid of the lightning. I told her we don't have to be afraid of the lightning because we're safe inside our big strong house. Then she sat up and said "I'm not afraid because God has me in his palm."

I know her 'faith like a child' is so precious in God's sight. She's pretty stinkin' precious in my sight too.

4 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

she is precious...so much like Brett! And...their faith is so what I want mine to be like. Parker prayed tonight, "if you call me to missions, I will go!" Awh...

Erica said...

That is precious!!! Oh, that we would have faith like a child!

Kristen said...

that's so sweet Mel!

Rachelle said...

Melanie! What a great way to help kids know that God is always with us and will take care of us. I am going to use that with Wade. We are going through a monsters phase and I never thought to tell him that God won't let the monsters get him. I am so glad we are friends. You are such a great witness for me and always make me try to be a better person and better mom. I miss our small little talks at school. I actually saw you in the parking lot the other day. One of these days we will run into each other again.