Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BOY!!!

Exhibit A
So one day back in July, I went to Wal-Mart to buy my mom a birthday card. Her birthday is July 17, so it was probably a week before that. I took the card to the counter to check-out and when the lady scanned it, she accidentally dropped it through the crack between the scanner and the counter. So she reached down and got it and put it in my bag and I went home. Well, when I got home, I got the card out to sign it and this is the card I found in my bag:




Apparently this card was already down in that crack, so when she reached down there to get my mom's birthday card, she accidentally pulled this one out and put it in my bag without either of us noticing. This was the exact time we were suspicious that I might be pregnant, but weren't sure yet. Sure enough, we found out shortly afterwards that I was pregnant. I put this card in my drawer, thinking how funny it would be if someday we did have a son and I could give it to him.
Well, last Friday, Brian, Avery, Tatum and I went in for our sonogram, and we heard the technician say, "You have a son... 100%" After all the screaming, laughing and crying, it is finally starting to sink in that we are going to get to have the wonderful experience of raising a little boy and our girls will have the awesome experience of having a brother!
Exhibit B
When Brian's Grandma Kratky passed away last summer, he went up to New York to spend some time with his grandpa and family up north and came home with a lot of Grandma's things that she had saved from his childhood. One of the things he brought home to the girls is this BOY Cabbage Patch Kid that he had played with at Grandma Kratky's house back a long time ago.


Over the past year, our girls have loved this doll to pieces, literally. My mom had to sew his arm back on a few weeks ago when she was in town. And he is such a cute little doll. He has been our "little brother" up until now. I often find Laney cuddling with this doll at night when I go in her room to check on her. I hope that's how she feels about her real little brother when he gets here!
Exhibit C
If you would've asked me what I thought the baby was before we had the sonogram, I would've told you I really thought it was another girl, since I have felt almost exactly the same as I did with my three girls. But deep inside I really thought it was a little boy. I have prayed for a little boy and even though God doesn't always say "yes" to all our prayers, He does delight to give His children the desires of our hearts. As I have "pondered these things in my heart", I have felt like that card that's been sitting in my drawer for the past few months was more just a little "accident"... it was all part of God's amazing and gentle love and leadership in our lives. He is the One the wind and waves obey, and yet He still cares so much about my little wants and needs. I can't wait to give that card to our son someday and tell him the funny story behind it.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I am so excited for your precious family! He does care greatly for our deepest desires!

Kristen said...

oh mel,
i love it! i am so excited and thankful that the Lord has answered your prayers.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Mel, I can't wait to see you guys....our God is so creative isn't He....the length at which He goes to show us just how involved He really is. Hope you are feeling well. Tell the girls a card is on the way for them from some excited Kindle kiddos!

Rachelle said...

I love to see how God works in our lives. I am so excited for you!
(sidenote: my mom's birthday is July 17th too, hehe)