Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sweet 4 year old

Brian made this sweet card and hung it above Tatum's chair before breakfast on her birthday. One of the many reasons I love my man is because he does stuff like this for our girls. He is such a sweet daddy.
Tatum turned 4 on May 16. She has been looking forward to this day for so long. All our kids birthdays are within 5 months of each other and Tatum's is the last of the birthdays, so she has to be very patient to wait for her big day.

We took her to Build-A-Bear and she got to make and dress her own puppy,"Sophia." We've never been there before, but I thought it would be fun to try it with Tatum, and we had so much fun! We will definitely be back for more outfits and more cute stuffed animals.

Then we went to Tatum's favorite restaurant, Casa Ole! She loves it because her kids meal comes with a bowl of chocolate pudding. I reminded her that Chuy's has push pops for dessert, but she wasn't swayed, so Casa Ole it was. Here's our Tate being honored with the Chimichanga birthday song and a big bowl of sopapilla ice cream!

And her second present... her first bike!
I mentioned in a previous post... for Avery's kindergarten graduation, we got her a T.Bear just like the one her class had all year. I had it in the car when I picked her up on the last day of school. She was so excited! It was a great surprise! I thought she might want to come up with an original name, but she has decided it will be called T. Bear just like her class bear.

We also had Tatum's first dance recital this weekend. She did a tap dance to "Three little fishies" and danced ballet to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." All the tiny little dancers in her class stole the show! It was so cute!
After the show, we gave our dancer some pretty daisies.
Dance was extra fun this season because Tatum got to dance with her friend Brooke, whose parents are our good friends, Brian & Erica. Their older daughter Brea and Avery had so much fun playing and running around together. Here's our two families together after the recital. My Brian and Brian & Erica all went to high school together, so they are friends that go way back!

Here's Brian and Brian with their beautiful dancing daughters!
I caught my two men watching SportsCenter together and it was just too cute not to photograph.
Our Bodie was two months old yesterday! Here's his two month old photo shoot.
Gig 'Em Aggies
Laughing at mama
Trying to hold his head up all by himself
This smile melts me into mush
Sweet little Bo, we have enjoyed every minute of these two months with you. You are so easy going and happy. You smile all the time now. You have even laughed a couple times. You are never more happy then when you are right in the middle of all of us talking and laughing with each other. You are a reward from God and a dream come true in my life. I am so thankful God let me be your mama!

4 comments:

Jayne Wittschen said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Tatum!! She looked so cute with her puppy dog!!! And little Bodie is so sweet, love that smile! He looks just like Tatum!

Erica said...

Love her birthday pictures! What a joy to get to see you guys on a regular basis! Love the pic of us all...I didn't get that on my camera.
Bodie was so sweet today. Thanks for letting us watch him.

Jennifer Kindle said...

so sweet....I love seeing all the pics and I can't believe he is 2 months old!

Tiffany said...

Mel, your kids are all so beautiful and getting so big! Are you melting over that sweet boy? It is so different, huh?!