Monday, October 6, 2008

Are Your shoulders big enough?

This has been such a crazy busy couple weeks for me. Last night, as I was thinking about this week ahead, I could barely make myself relax my shoulders I was so tense from trying to wrap my mind around all I have to do. Then I remembered the verse that says "take My yoke upon you and learn from Me... for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I didn't have the energy to look up the reference, of course, but I know it's in the Bible. I prayed and asked God if His shoulders were big enough to carry all the things I had on my shoulders and I listed them all off to Him, and He of course, said yes. I slept really good last night, and so far today has been busy, as I suspected, but good.

Anyway, our weekend was great, busy, but great. We went to SA for a Third Day/Jars of Clay/Switchfoot concert, which was great. Although I've seen Third Day in concert probably at least 10 times in my life, I must say, every time I leave feeling so encouraged and uplifted in my faith. They are the real deal, and I thank God for that band. God bless them.
While in SA, I visited my grandma, who has been in the early stages of Alzheimer's. Her name is Mary, and my daughter, Tatum Mary, is named after her. Needless to say, she was a huge influence and encouragement in my life. Well, for the first time yesterday, I don't really think she knew who I was. I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but I just didn't know when.
We also got some great news while visiting Brian's brother, Brent & his wife, Jenn (they live close to SA)... I am finally going to be Aunt Melanie!!! I have really been thinking recently how fun it would be to have a neice/nephew, and Brent & Jenn announced they are expecting their first little one in May 2009! We are so thrilled for them and for our kids to finally have a cousin! Yea!

The SA trip also gave us a chance to try out our new car on a roadtrip, and it was great! We are so thankful to have this family vehicle. Did i mention it came with a built-in DVD player? Yes, just turn on "Cars" or "Nemo" and we are good to go. Here is the promised picture of it:


So a couple weeks ago, my mom decided (thankyou Lord!) that Tatum needed a new full-size crib to put in Avery's room, instead of the portable crib we were planning on using for her. She took me to order it at Babies R Us, and it came in last Friday. I put it together in Avery's room and it is so cute! I absolutely love it. And, Tatum has slept in Avery's room for two nights now and they both slept great, until almost 8:00 AM!!! Thank you Lord, and thankyou, Mom!


I am excited to start re-decorating the nursery for the new baby. The nursery has been the same since before Avery was born, so we decided to do something new for this baby. I will post some before/after pictures once we get to work on it.

As far as the pregnancy, I am still feeling pretty good. This little girl has not been quite such a kicker as Tatum was, so I appreciate that about her so much. With Tatum, I seriously felt like one of her limbs was going to burst through my belly at any moment. It hurt! Now that I know her, it completely fits her precious, precocious, precarious personality!!!
Anyway, I have been trying to make myself sit in the recliner and rest for at least an hour every afternoon, which has helped tremendously.

Okay, the girls are presently attempting to nap in the same room, which has not been as successful as nighttime sleeping. They have been attempting this the whole time I've been typing this entirely-too-long blog, and I still hear giggling and squealing coming from their room, so I think I better try Plan B... Avery naps on my bed. We'll see how that works.

3 comments:

nikki said...

I love to read about how your family is growning. You all are so sweet. Can't wait to see you around christmas!

nikki said...

I'm laughing as I read that I wrote "growning" instead of GROWING. so funny!!!!

melanie said...

we do a lot of groaning too, so it's okay! :)