Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Make me Maid Marian

Since yesterday's post was very word-y, here's some pictures:

This is Tatum's thoughtful look. This was at "Fields of Faith", where our FCA kids all met at the big football field near us and we worshipped the Lord and had open mic time for the students to share what the Lord is doing in their life. The girls loved running around on the big lit-up football field. Notice how far back we're sitting from the students! We were the only ones there with little kids, and our kids had FUN!


Today while Avery was at school, Tatum & I had a good time playing with the dolls/Barbies/princess stuff, etc. This look was entirely created by her, I just helped her get her furry crown on:


Brian bought the girls the Robin Hood cartoon movie awhile back and ever since, Avery has been asking me "make me Maid Marian," which means I need to drape a blanket over her head and shape it around her face so she can hold on to it. She's been doing this for awhile, but lately Tatum has caught on and tonight she brought me her blanket and said "May" which means "maid marian" in tatum's concise way of dictating what she wants. Here's my two Maid Marian's:


Side note: Since Avery thinks she is Maid Marian, I asked her who Robin Hood is, and she quickly said "Daddy." So I asked her "Well, then who is Mama?" She said "Little John." Thanks, I'm the big fat bear!

5 comments:

cristina said...

but i'm sure you're a glowing bear! :)

we had a tee-ball game for michael or we would have joined you last wednesday. glad y'all had fun.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Okay...so I'm officially having Melanie withdraws! I am going to see you before you birth this baby somehow or another. I've decided I'm making the trip...don't know when and am not planning it in my head until a few more weeks but I'm going to see you. What are your birthday plans?? Brian doing a big party or WHAT??? I love the pictures of the girls and the blog about peace...if anyone I know can wear peace like a garment it WILL BE you...praying about that for you. I keep telling myself...nothing in this world matters except leading my kids to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ...houses, cars, jeans that don't fit (still), empty regrigerators...none of it matters except leading my little ones to Him. Are we praying you can nurse this little one??? Just curious if I should add that to my head.

Jennifer Kindle said...

hey girl....don't send me a check yet since I haven't sent them....but if you're wanting a total for you "books".....just pay me $30 for both the shirts and that covers the shipping too! jen

Kristi said...

Those are so cute. I have gone private for a little while so I hope you will email me so I can invite you to visit me.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Tag, you're it...see my blog!
http://veryfullquiver.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag-youre-it.html