Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Growing Pains

Yea, I'm officially huge. It's funny how all the sudden you go from feeling "cute" pregnant, to feeling big scary gorilla pregnant. It just happens overnight. One day your maternity clothes fit you just right and everyone tells you what a cute pregnant girl you are, then the next day, your maternity clothes are too tight and barely cover your huge belly and you must make a choice: either resort to moo-moo shirts (not attractive), your husband's t-shirts (not stylish) or you just squeeze yourself into those tight maternity clothes and focus on just keeping your belly covered. I've been opting for choice 3 lately, but i'm really wondering how much longer I can truly keep my belly covered. Anyway, I can hardly wait to meet this little girl. I have been praying that she will come early, not only because I want to meet her so bad, but also because I want to have as much time as possible with her at home and if she comes during the holidays, I will get "free" time with her before I have to go back to work. But I am glad the Lord has it under control and she will come when she is ready.

Last week, my mom took the girls to SA for a few days, which gave me a chance to get our house ready for the baby. We painted the nursery yellow (it has been pink since Avery was born - we needed a change!), and replaced the bedding and decor. I really like it. It is totally different, and it just makes me happy when I walk in there. Also, I moved Tatum's clothes, shoes & stuff completely into Avery's room, so they are officially sharing a room now. That meant I had to overhaul their closet and drawers so I could fit it all in their room, but it feels so good to have it done. It amazed me how productive I could be... really, I am in love with my kids, but it is just impossible to get much done with little ones around. There is absolutely no way I would've been able to get those huge projects done without two full days of undivided time to just focus and think about what I needed to do. There's nothing on the walls yet in our yellow room, I'm still looking for some cute picture frames and decorations that match, but here's some before and after pictures of the nursery:

before
after
before
after


I am so excited that my friend Jennifer is coming to visit on Friday. We met at A&M and made some great college memories together. I love that we may not see each other but once or twice a year, but we always pick up where we left off... she is a blessing from the Lord. She made my girls the cutest Thanksgiving t-shirts. Check out her blog and see the cute "turkey" shirts she made for Avery & Tatum. Can't wait to see you, Jen!

Only one week left of school until the Thanksgiving holidays! Brian's family in Midland is coming to Houston this year. His cousin has three kids, McKenzie, Kade & Kenadi, that my girls adore, so we are looking forward to catching up with them. Thankfully, our trip to SA this past weekend to pick up the girls was probably my last bit of traveling before the baby comes. It got pretty uncomfortable sitting in the car for 3 hours, and I've been having contractions occasionally so I really am happy that our families are coming to us this year, so that we don't feel bad about not traveling. My family is all coming here for Christmas, even Martin & Dominique are coming all the way from Michigan!!! We are thrilled to see them! We haven't seen them since last Thanksgiving, and I miss them! We have a lot to look forward to over the next couple months. Maybe the Lord will let our baby come a little early so she can meet her Uncle Martin & Aunt Nikki before they head back north! Wouldn't that be exciting!?

6 comments:

cristina said...

the "scary gorilla pregnant" comment made me laugh... :) i'm pretty sure you look great.

the room looks GREAT!

let's try again to schedule a time to get together....

Amanda said...

You look great every time I see you! However, I do know what you mean and I'm turning that corner right now. The yellow walls look great. Very crisp!

nikki said...

I'm "secretly" hoping that she comes early for us to see her. But like you said, she'll get here when she should.

The room looks so bright and new. It looks great...Can't wait to see you guys!

Jennifer Kindle said...

hey girl. what a drastic change in the room but I LOVE it. Yellow is so fresh and I'm sure your home is overwhelmed with pink. I can't wait to see it in person. I'm so excited to see you Friday and for the munchkins to all play together. I know I should remember but tell me what time you'll be ready for me on Friday!!! I'll be there then so we can spend the afternoon together. I can't wait!!! I bet you're a cute pregnant girl and a lot more pleasing to the eye than you think although I do remember how you feel and I always opted for #3 (barely cover belly) choice too. Enjoy the last few weeks!

Helen said...

I love the yellow - it's sunny and cheery!

I am holding a nursery pictures contest on my site until Jan 2009. Come over and enter!

Enter here

All entrants will get their very own page for their nursery on my site and you can win a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns if you win and your baby's room will be featured on my home page.

Kristi said...

The scary gorilla pregnant days are so quickly forgotten that I actually saw a picture of my "gorilla" days last week and kind of freaked out a little.