Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Do not worry about tomorrow... sufficient for the day is it's own trouble"

Well, the dreaded day is fast approaching. I start back to work on Monday, March 2, only a few days away. I have been trying in every way I know how to be optimistic and think positive thoughts and look at the bright side, but I am having trouble keeping my spirits up. I am quite depressed actually. My time at home has been so fun, except this past week, I think the dread has been so great, that I almost haven't enjoyed anything lately. I know that is horrible to waste my time at home dreading something that I can't change. But like I said, I just can't snap out of it.

The past few months I feel like God has wanted me to read Matthew 6 alot, and the more I read it, the more I see why He wants me there. Everyone should read that chapter every now and then just to remind you what's important. What I get from it is that it's a waste of time to worry about things I can't change, and if I trust God and seek Him, He will not only take care of my family's food & clothing, but also the other things we need too. Like optimism and endurance.

Okay, enough about that depressing topic. Today was a milestone for me... I went to Wal-Mart with all three kids! I have thought out how I would attempt this for some time, and I always find an excuse not to do it. So today, on a whim, and because we were all desperate to get out of the house, I just decided to go for it. I put Laney in my trusty Hotsling (which is such a lifesaver, I highly recommend it for any new moms), Tatum in the basket and Avery walked and helped me push. We checked everything off our list and got out of there without anyone crying at all! I was so excited and proud of my little brood when we left, we all got cookies for a treat!

Laney is 6 weeks old now, and she gave me the sweetest, cutest smile a few days ago. She's only truly smiled about 3 times that I have seen, but it is enough to make you cry it is so cute. She is still waking up once at night to eat, and she is eating every 3 hours during the day. I'm hoping we will get a full night's sleep soon, but if not, that's okay because I really do love that time with her in the middle of the night when it's just she & I.

Avery & Tatum are precious big sissies. This morning Laney was being very fussy in her bouncy seat and I wanted to get dressed so I just decided to let her fuss. So I went in my room to get dressed and all the sudden Laney's crying stopped. I was a little nervous, so I peeked out my door and sweet Avery had scooted up next to Laney and was quietly holding her paci in her mouth for her. It was so sweet. And Tatum loves to bring Laney a blankie and cover her up to keep her warm. It is such a joy to watch them love on each other. Of course, the very next second, Avery is taking a toy away from Tatum, and Tatum is shoving Avery against the wall, but I guess that's all part of the friendship.

We are missing Brian lately. He has hit the super-busy time of baseball tournaments, late practices, masters degree coursework, and of course, his regular teaching job. I am used to it since we've done it several years now, but it is always hard to adjust to not seeing him very much. Needless to say, we are all very eager for May to get here as soon as possible for so many reasons!!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I will be praying for you about work, Melanie.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Hey girl! I will be reading Mat.6 with you. we would love to see you on your break but I completely understand if not...my trip to Houston pregnant with the three boys was horrid! Just let me know.

Jennifer Kindle said...

oh and I'm sorry I haven't checked on you about going back to work. I've been so wrapped up with us that I didn't realize it has gotten here so soon.

Unknown said...

I know that must be hard about going to work...I will also be praying for you.

Tiffany said...

Super MOM! Praying for your work situation...I can't imagine how hard that must be.

Erica said...

You are so precious and if there is anything I can do, please call me...really call me!
Thank you for the encouragement to read Matthew 6; I will go there tonight.
And by the way, I am very impressed with your trip to Walmart! Way to go!

Erica said...

Hey, I just wanted to see how your week was going. I've been thinking about you.