Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mary Ruble 1924-2009

Mary Ruble, my sweet Nonie, got to meet Jesus last Tuesday. It is nice to picture her in Heaven smiling again, energetic and funny, just like I always remember her. For the past year, she has been fighting various illnesses, including Alzheimer's, so she really hasn't been herself for awhile. The pictures below were take right after Tatum's birth, almost 2 years ago. She was so proud of her great-granddaughter that was named after her. That was the last time she came to see us in Houston. Several months later, she started getting sick, and never really recovered. Thankfully now she is completely healed, no more pain or tears. Only joy and awesome wonder.

We gave Tatum the middle name Mary because I always had a special relationship with Nonie. I have always loved my grandmother for her spunk, sense of humor, and her ability to rise above circumstances and see things from a different perspective. She was such a lady, which I am not, but she also knew how to have a lot of fun. Mainly I loved her because I always knew she was crazy about me. She loved me so much!



I miss all the fun we had together... she tried to teach me how to wink at boys to get their attention, we watched a ton of movies together and had me over to spend the night at her house countless times growing up. She always had yummy snacks and good conversations ready for me. She was so proud of me and always encouraged me because she believed in me. I can't believe she is gone, but it makes me even more eager to get to Heaven knowing she is already there ready to have a good laugh with me again.

4 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

not much I can say but what sweet sweet memories and you sound like you're at peace....hope everything went as well as hoped on Saturday

cristina said...

melanie, i'm so sorry for you loss. what sweet memories you have of her, and have now documented for your girls. what a legacy she has left for you.

praying for comfort for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Melanie, I'm sorry that you are going through this tough time. But you have the right mindset...she IS in a much better place and no more tears and no more pain is an awesome thing. I will be praying for you!

Kristen said...

I am so excited I found your blog! Your Nonie sounds like a wonderful person. I know you will miss her. Isn't it wonderful knowing we will see our loved ones again?