Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life As We Now Know It

The above picture is proof that Laney is officially accepted into our family... Avery & Tatum bestowed Lightning upon her!! Little did she know what an act of self-sacrifice that was on their part! So yesterday and today were my first days of being mother of 3 all by myself. I will not lie and say it was a piece of cake, in fact, it was pretty hectic at times and exhausting, but we survived, and had a little fun too. Here's a couple more pictures from our first few days of life as we now know it.
Sweet Laney Hope
The girls helping me watch Laney
Little Laney after her bath
Jennifer sent me the greatest package ever... monogrammed Aggie t-shirts for each of the girls and the cutest monogrammed bag and blanket ever! My first monogrammed "Laney" item! Plus she added a ton of cute hand-me-downs from Kate. THANKS JEN! You are so talented and I love being the recipient of your creativity!!


I tried letting Avery take a picture of Laney & I, but she hasn't quite figured out how to not put her finger over the flash or jerk the camera up right when she pushes the button. So this picture was my attempt at self-photography.


Just hanging out on the boppy.

Brian is already starting to get busy with baseball season. Little did we know, but at the parent meeting a few nights ago, the other coach and parents had a planned a little diaper drive for us. When Brian came home that night, his truck was literally filled to the brim with gifts of diapers and wipes. I could not believe how many there were! We are so thankful for their generosity to us. I think we will be set for diapers and wipes for a long time!

Stack of wipes
Mountain of diapers
(which incidentally, the girls LOVED knocking over about 10 times)

Laney is already making some friends. My good friend Bethany, who I grew up with in SA, just gave birth to sweet Wyatt David yesterday morning! A big boy, too, at 8 lbs. 13 oz! I can't wait to meet the little guy. And I am so excited for Amanda to bring her precious little princess into the world in just over 2 weeks. I think her name is a secret, so I'm not going to post it, but it is really beautiful, and I can't wait for she & Laney to get to hang out together! And Brent & Jenn found out a couple weeks ago that they are having a baby GIRL, too! I am so excited to meet my little niece in May and what fun it will be for our girls to have a cousin!!

To Lane... Happy 30th birthday today, my dear friend. Can't wait to get to SA to see you & introduce you to Laney. And of course, do some shopping!!!

I still can't believe I am the mother of 3. It is an enormous blessing and responsibility and I am praying I will do it well. There is so much going on in both Brian's & my family right now, as well as the busyness of baseball starting and getting into a routine with Laney. Needless to say, we are completely dependent on the Lord right now and there is no other way we'd like to be.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, look at all those diapers! Holy cow! That is going to save you a ton of trips to Walgreen's and a ton fo money. Looks like you got a lot of the good ones too! I am ready for Baby Girl to get here quick. I am getting to where I can't even have a normal conversation because I can't breathe! Help me, Jesus!

Erica said...

That pile of diapers is AMAZING. What a great gift!
I can't wait to see her!
Do you know of any nights that you don't have a dinner scheduled? We would love to have that spot!

Jennifer Kindle said...

wowserzzzz girl! That stack of diapers and wipes is to die for! What a blessing to have such supportive people there!!!! Love ya, girl.