Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Due Date to ME!

Yep, today is my due date. It's been kinda strange thinking about that all day. Mostly because my other two were born on their due date (I was induced both times). So I just keep thinking, "If I had gotten induced today, I would be holding my baby right now, and I would know what she looks like, etc." But I am also really glad we made the decision to give her a chance to come on her own. So here I am waiting for her to come on her own. We scheduled the induction for Tuesday, the 13th, so at least their is a deadline for her. I REALLY hope she comes before that though.

Anyway, at my check-up today I was dilated to 2-3 cm, so I drove straight to the mall and took a couple friends' advice to walk really fast around the mall for as long as I could. I was still in my work clothes and work shoes, and even though they are comfortable, they weren't my good shoes. All that to say, my brisk walk lasted only about 45 minutes. I walked Willowbrook Mall twice, every single inch of it. Some people chuckled at me when they saw this huge pregnant girl trucking it full-speed around the mall. Oh well, I'm hoping it helped and maybe labor will come on soon. I was hoping I could walk for an hour and a half or more, but it just wasn't happening. Maybe I will try again tomorrow.

So I've never actually been in labor (on my own), and I'm kinda nervous about it. I hope we know what to do. But I'm definitely way more excited than nervous. I can't believe I will be holding this sweet baby girl in my arms in 5 days or less! Thanks for thinking about me and all your prayers. It is such a blessing to know so many people care and are lifting us up to our Father who knows the day & hour of her birth (and her name) and will reveal those things to us very soon.

9 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, I would have loved to go walking with you! If you want to go again, let me know.
We can't wait to share in this joy with you!

Kristi said...

I hope you are not blogging tomorrow...I mean hopefully you'll be having a baby instead. Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Amanda said...

I wish we could have trucked it around the mall together! Your description made me laugh. I'm so glad Curtis got to witness you trying to walk that baby out. I am so pumped for you, I just can't wait!

Jennifer Kindle said...

Hey girl....I'm so excited for you and wish I could've been there to walk with you.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear she has arrived! I will continue to pray for a safe and healthy deliver!

Unknown said...

Fun post...anticipating your exciting news in the next few days! Love you!

nikki said...

COME OUT BABY!!!!

I think about you several times a day....thinking for sure today we'll get a phone call from Texas. The suspense is building for sure.

Erica said...

Hey girl,
Can you please send me your address when you get a chance. We are thinking about you and praying for you as Tuesday approaches!

Ronda said...

So I'm thinking your new baby girl is probably here by now. Can't wait to hear the updates on how she is doing!