Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still Waiting

We're still waiting... 5 days left until the due date and baby girl is still very content where she is, I guess. We are probably going to schedule an induction next week around the 13th or 14th if she isn't here by then. This final month has been so different from my other two pregnancies. With Avery, I was still coaching softball and teaching full-time right up until my due date, and I never remember feeling anything but good during that last month. With Tatum, I remember feeling very tired, but not too bad. And I don't remember ever having more than 2 or 3 contractions with either of them. With this baby, I have been having contractions like crazy almost everyday, some severe, some mild. It has been a rollercoaster ride - every time thinking maybe this is it. Anyway, I know the real thing will be here soon enough, so I am trying to enjoy these last few days as much as is possible for an enormous pregnant girl.

Okay, our Christmas was wonderful! My mom, dad, brothers, sister-in-law and brother's girlfriend and family all came to Houston this year to celebrate with us! On Christmas Eve, we went to church for our candle light service and it was so good. Then we went to the Galleria to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, YUM!
Christmas morning, Lightning McQueen was the hero of the day. Yes, I have two girls, but they are both in love with cars. They love dolls too, but since I am very huge and have very swollen cankles, my sweet husband did most of the Christmas shopping this year. Which would also explain why Avery got a Dora fishing pole, Tatum got a Thomas the train telephone, and their stockings were filled with Hot wheels.
Anyway, they loved it and it was fun watching their excitement throughout the day. The big finale was Avery's Barbie bike and a Lightning ride-on scooter for Tatum from Papa & Nana. Well, wouldn't you know, Avery wanted nothing to do with her beautiful bike once she saw Tatum's Lightning scooter - Ha! But once we made her get on it and start riding, she really loved it.

Then we cooked a big delicious meal and just hung out most of the day. That night we all played a couple rounds of Cranium. The best moment was when Brian had to act out "Richard Simmons." He started dancing around saying "I'm a pony" and within seconds, Martin correctly guessed "Richard Simmons." We were all embarrassed for both of them, but we all got a good laugh and cry out of it. One of those things you wish you got on video for future generations to see. Oh well.

We did Christmas with Brian's family earlier that week and the girls were thrilled with the new dollhouse they got to play with at GiGi and Grandad's house. I was thrilled with my new nativity that I had secretly been wanting but never really thought I would get. It is beautiful, I hated to pack it up yesterday, but I will just have to get out Christmas early next year so I can enjoy it longer.

So the past two weeks, we have both been off work so we've gotten to spend lots of quality family time together, which has been wonderful. I'm really sad to see it come to an end, but I also am ready to get back on somewhat of a routine, which will probably only last a week or so until the baby gets here, but hopefully we will ease into the new parents role again fairly easily.

Okay enough rambling. Here's some pictures of our Christmas.


The new dollhouse at Gigi & Grandad's house

Christmas with Gigi & Grandad
Papa & Nana with Tatum

Avery's new Barbie bike (and Lightning helmet :))

Tatum's Lightning scooterThe four of us at our Christmas Eve service
My family: Nikki & Martin, Matthew & Tracie (with her kids, Jake & Taylor), Tatum & Papa, Me, Avery & Brian (Mom is taking the picture)

My beautiful new Nativity (after Martin "decorated" it)
Elf Tatum (have you ever seen a cuter elf in your life?)

6 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

okay lazy rear...the only person sitting down in the family picture is you...what's up? You big pregnant or something!!! I would pay big big bucks to have seen Brian dancing around like Richard Simmons..did he have on really short, tight, silky shorts too? The image in my head is just too much!!! Your nativity is indeed a beauty. I can't wait to hear all about Kratky #3's arrival and her sweet name. I pray your delivery is smooth and easy. Love you, girl!

Amanda said...

Such cute pics! Your nativity is gorgeous. I love, love, love it.

cristina said...

the additions to the nativity cracked me up! i got the same nativity this year and am thinking i want to leave it up all year. did they warn you about joseph's staff? be careful not to use it when you pull it out of the box...seemed obvious to me, but since they warned me, i thought i'd pass it along.....although i think it was on the styrofoam...

and "enormous pregnant girl"? i don't see it....well, i did a little in the picture of tatum's scooter. :) seriously though, you look great. so excited for you and can't wait to hear/read about the deliver. praying for you all!

Unknown said...

Praying for you in the week ahead and looking forward to your exciting news! I have huge kankles lately too! ;(

Erica said...

How fun to hear about your Christmas. I was laughing at Brian's choices for their gifts. Your nativity is beautiful. I love Willow Tree!
You look great by they way, and I can't wait to hear all about your sweet little baby's arrival.
We would love to bring dinner over to you guys! And as soon as you feel up to it, we would love to get together.

Take care!

Kelly Bowman said...

I love that your girls play with cars. Hunter has been playing with Mia's doll house since Christmas! Can't wait to meet your new little one, once she arrives.