Thursday, December 18, 2008

37 weeks...

Oh my goodness, so this is what contractions feel like! I never really had them with my first two, but I have been having some real good, painful ones today. To the point where I must sit down and let it pass. Wow, this is kinda fun.

So I went to the doctor today and I have made very little progress. The only change is that he said I was closer to 2 cm. He also measured my belly and asked me how big my last baby was. I told him Tatum was 8 lbs 8 oz. He said this baby will be much smaller, not even 8 pounds. Don't know how he knows that, but I am hopeful he is right. Tatum gave us all a scare because she was so big I almost had to have a c-section with her.

Tomorrow is the last day of school! Yay! I don't know when I've looked forward to a break so much. I am getting my hair highlighted and cut on Saturday morning, then we are planning to go to a Shane & Shane concert at church that night. Then my sweet family is coming to Houston next Tuesday to spend Christmas with us! I am so excited and blessed that they are all willing to accomodate me & baby girl this year. We have never had a Christmas here at our house in seven years of marriage, so I am so looking forward to it. Mostly it will just be fun to have Martin & Dominique, my brother & sister-in-law around for a few days. Thanks so much for coming, y'all! It's supposed to be 70 degrees, so bring your golf clubs!

I don't have any updates on my prayer requests from yesterday, but thanks so much for taking a minute to pray for them. I will post an update when I find out more.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

I was wondering about an update on your requests from yesterday..

Oh my...I didn't realize you never had contractions with the other 2. I probably knew it at the time but have forgotten now....just know they will not continue to be fun, I promise.

I was scraping ceilings when I finally decided I couldn't handle it anymore so my Aunt Janet came over to check me and I was at a 6...not fun.

I hope she comes soon for you...enjoy this week with your bro and SIN.
Love you and thanks for the most generous check...you shouldn't have done that but thanks...

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe you have all that planned when you could pop any day now! I can't wait to hear the good news of the new arrival! Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Amanda said...

Holy cow, so it could be any day!?!? So exciting! That's great that you're already at a 2. Enjoy your last day of school!

Erica said...

That is exciting news, my friend! I hope you are able to enjoy all the festivities you have planned. We can't wait to meet her and find out her name!
I will be lifting up your requests from yesterday as well. Such a tough time for so many.

cristina said...

just got your comment. :)
we were still in the hospital when sophia was born when they had their grand opening. they even asked if they could put sophia in the nursery so people could see a baby. :)

mike & i walked around and enjoyed the festivities in the lobby, including a signed lance berkman baseball (more like a beachball made to look like a baseball).

anywho, we went by when they were shutting down. all the volunteers & us got to do handprints. definitely not a typical occurance. we found space for sophia's once we went back for a sibling class, but at this point, i think that area is covered with the plexiglass. *sigh*

those are fun to find each time...especially after they added on and moved the nursery (which used to be in that hallway).

wow, that was a long comment completely unrelated to your post...sorry!

merry CHRISTmas!

Erica said...

We are still awaiting the news! I hope you are feeling well!
Talk to you soon.
Erica