Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our holidays

Our thanksgiving was really fun. Brian's family in Midland all came to Houston this year. Brian's cousin has three kids that my girls adore. We adults played Trivial Pursuit one night and PictionaryMan the other night. I have always loved that about their family, that they play lots of games. I get really competitive with games, so I am glad to announce that my team (the girls) won PictionaryMan! Trivial Pursuit, not so much, I don't know much trivia about science, literature, geography, etc. Although, I can hold my own with sports & history.

Anyway, early Friday morning, several of us went midnight shopping at our new outlet mall, which was a crazy experience... literally thousands of people shopping at 1 am. Never again will I participate in that, but I am kinda glad I did it once just to have the experience. I did get a cute Kate Spade purse for 75% off, so it was worth it for me! We ate at Shogun that night (we were tired of left-overs) and Avery was mesmerized by the chef and all the chopping of food and huge fire on the grill right in front of us. We also got our house decorated for Christmas this past weekend! It makes me so happy to walk through our house and see all our pretty Christmas stuff out. I LOVE this time of year, and this year Christmas is even more exciting b/c we are expecting to meet our new baby girl in about ONE MONTH!!!

Okay, so here's some pictures of our Thanksgiving:

Everyone joked that this is what Brian & I will look like in about 10 years!! A bench full of kids!
Us with all the kids: McKenzie, Avery, Me, Kenadi, Brian, Tatum & Kade
Brian's fam: Brent, Steve, Brandon, Brian, Jenn, Sharla, Me, Avery & Tatum
(Next year we'll have two more kids in the picture... our baby girl and Brent & Jenn's first baby)
Avery & Kenadi
Tatum & Avery in their cute turkey shirts (thanks again, Jennifer!)!!

More random fun we've had lately:
My girls are big "Cars" fans, and my mom found these PJ's for them a few weeks ago. They ask to wear their "Lightning PJ's" almost every night now that it's gotten cold. Or for Tatum, her "yite-ying" PJ's.

My friend, Jennifer and her 3 precious boys and new baby girl came to visit before Thanksgiving and we had a great time letting all the kids play. I hadn't gotten to meet Kate yet, so I loved getting to hold her and look at her precious little face! I'm praying my girls can marry her boys someday... if arranged marriages were legal, I think we would already have it done. Since Kate is about 6 months older than our new baby girl, Jennifer brought me some of Kate's bows, shoes & clothes for our baby to wear. I am so excited b/c her stuff is so stinkin' cute!

Avery, Crew, Tatum, Brett, Parker & Kate
Crew & Tatum (future Mr. & Mrs. Kindle)

So we're back to work for 3 more weeks until Christmas break. I am feeling alright, although I am starting to have trouble getting comfortable at night. Baby girl is definitely making her presence known... she really likes to keep her foot lodged in my left rib. Her sisters did too. Don't know why that's such a comfortable spot for a foot. Sometimes it's hard to truly adore a baby in your womb when you can't picture what she will look like or anything specific about her, and quite frankly she makes your life pretty miserable at times; but when I look at Avery & Tatum, I am overwhelmed with how much I love them, and I know that I will feel the same about this baby when I meet her. Not that I don't love her now, I definitely do, but I am really getting excited for her to be done with my body and enter the world so we can both enjoy each other more, ya know?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your post! I am glad you had a great Holiday! Hope to see you at the SS Party on Friday night!

Erica said...

Hey Melanie,
It was fun to find your blog through Christie's. Do you all go to church together? We can't wait to get together with you and Brian. We have been back about a week. Talk to you soon. Erica

Jennifer Kindle said...

I'm totally diggin' the kids pictures and I laughed out loud when I scrolled down to the one if Crew and Tatum...those little love bugs! You know I'm all about arranging it but they have to live close to ME!!! The girls were cute in their turkey shirts and you were cute pregnant...much cuter than I'm sure you feel. Enjoy these last few weeks because it will be gone before you know it and you'll wish you felt her kick in there again!!! love ya!