Friday, July 24, 2009

I'M BACK!!!

I am so excited to get to blog again!! We have tried for three weeks to get internet in our new house, which has been so frusterating. Then this morning a technician came and spent about 10 minutes messing with the wires and now it works! I can't wait to read up on everyone else and see what all I've missed over the past month.

We are settled in to our new house and we feel very "at home" here now. I keep thinking someone is going to come in and tell me I'm dreaming and it's time to get out, but it's ours and we are so thankful the Lord has provided this house for us.
Over the past month we have mostly been busy working on the house. It's a 20 year old house that has been very well taken care of, but it is in need of a lot of updating and fixing. I think we will always have projects to work on, but it's kinda fun fixing it up and making it look even better.

Brian's Grandma K went to be with the Lord last week. Since they live in New York, she kept up with our family by reading my blog. She never got to meet our girls since by the time Avery was born, it was getting too hard for she & Grandpa K to make the trip down here, and we never got to make the trip up to New York. But she sewed each of our girls a blanket when they were born (even Laney!) and always sent them the sweetest Christmas packages. She always sent us cards for every special occasion. The last card we received from her was our anniversary card on June 2. She assured us in the card that the good Lord would take care of her and that has brought us so much comfort now that she is gone to be with Him. Brian flew to NY last weekend for her service and had a great time with his dad's family that he rarely gets to see.
Grandma & Grandpa K were in Houston visiting Brian's parents when I went to meet Brian's family for the very first time back in September 2000. I remember thinking what sweet & funny grandparents they are and how I would love to be a part of his crazy & fun family. Thank you Lord!
We also went on vacation with Brian's family to Lake Travis the week after we moved into our house. I will post some pictures of our house next.
My mom with the girls in front of our new house

Tatum, Laney, Avery & Cousin Tara at the lakehouse


We found Nemo!

Laney laughing at Nemo

Brave Avery jumping at the mall

Sweet Laney - 6 months old

Smiley Tatum

What a beautiful day!

The three monkeys!

Aunt Jenn & Avery in the lake

Gig Em, Uncle Brent (he put that hat on my child)!

Tatum & Grandad under the pontoon boat

Avery doing her backstroke!

Laney & Tara holding hands on their first boat ride!

Our new house!


4 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

loving that black door...makes me ready to paint mine and our shutters like our old ones!!!

Erica said...

So great to read all of your updates. Your pictures were all very precious! Again, I am so sorry for Brian's family, but knowing she is with the Lord is such a comfort. I have had several friends this week lose a parent. One of them is hurting greatly because her dad discounted the Lord over and over again.
We can't wait to come see your new home. Congratulations!

nikki said...

Great to see what you've been up to the last month. Makes me feel like blogging....And I LOVE the shot of the girls with their new Nemo's and Brian taking cash out of the ATM! Made me chuckle....love you guys!

Unknown said...

The house looks awesome - at least the front door! Put more pics of it up! We can't wait to see it. Love the shot of the babies holding hands - please email that one to us...