Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Answered Prayer

Praise Jesus!!! ... He opened a door for me... to stay put. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I know it is the best for me and for our family. I am so glad He knows what is best because I would have chosen something completely different if it was up to me.

Last Friday, a foreign language teacher approached me about job-sharing and long story short, she decided she wants to do it next year! She wants to teach mornings, so I will need to work afternoons, which is from about 11:30 - 2:30. At first I wasn't sure about that schedule, but now that I have thought about it and the pros/cons, I am really excited about it, and I am overwhelmed at how much God cares about the little details of my life. I will get to wake the girls up and have sweet time with them in the mornings. I will get to take Avery to Kindergarten, which I am super excited about. Sharla will get to sleep in, which I know she will appreciate. And I know God has provided once again and He knows that this schedule will fit our family's needs best.

Also, Brian started his own blog... I think he had to do it for one of his master's degree classes, but hopefully he will keep up with it. I've told him how blogging is my therapy and how even if no one ever reads anything I write, it is a good thing for me... one, I get my thoughts out of my head and many times reading them makes things make more sense or reveals things that are wrong about my thinking. Second, I'm not so good at scrapbooking or photo albums, so this is our family scrapbook, as messed up as that is. I am planning to print out each year of entries into books, after I edit them and delete the entries that I don't want to save for posterity, and keep the books for my girls to look at when they grow up. If you don't know about blurb.com, you should check it out. You can upload your entire blog and print it out, including all the pictures, into a really good quality, fairly inexpensive book! And third, well, my mom likes it and if it makes her happy to read my entries, then that's worth it!!

So, go check out Brian's blog... and praise the Lord with me that He hears our prayers and knows our needs.

6 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

what a blessing that he provided a job for you! A change of schedule but I'm sure it will be perfect and by that time of day, you will be ready for a nice 3 hour break! So glad. Okay...plans for Friday...don't know what time I'm leaving here but we're staying the night in Magnolia so when I know what time we're leaving, I'll let you know. So glad you got a blessing this week! Good is good....I went to the store for milk and a bag of frozen chicken breasts which are 10 bucks each. They were on sale 2 for 10 bucks so I got four bags....He does care about the little things!

Amanda said...

Yeah! That's great, Melanie!

Kristen said...

What a blessing!

Erica said...

I'm so glad it has all worked out for you! Isn't our Father the greatest!
I can't wait to see Brian's blog : )
have a blessed weekend, friend

cristina said...

praise the Lord!

yay! :)

Rachelle said...

Melanie,
I'm so happy for you. Although, I'm a little sad cuz I thought I could get you to hang out with my mom's group since you would be a stay at home mom like me. hehe Funny how I see you all the time, but we never have time to really talk. Maybe we will start walk/jogging together and get to actually talk to each other. So happy you get to keep your job. :)