Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Day to Celebrate

Happy birthday to the daddy of our little family. Brian's birthday not only marks the day the Lord created the single great blessing of my entire life, but it also marks the anniversary of our first date... it was 9 years ago today. Can you believe he would want to take me out on a date on his birthday? Wouldn't he rather go out with his family or friends and do something fun? Suprisingly he would rather not. He asked me out for his birthday and I said yes. That was the start of this whole journey of life we are on. He took me to dinner at Bennigan's in College Station and then he took me to play miniature golf at a little place that has since closed down. He won me a little plastic ring in the arcade. I wasn't sure right away that I would marry him, but I was pretty sure I would never ever break up with him.
Here's my man in action tonight at his volleyball game.

Here's one of the cheerleaders:


Daddy's girls


I keep telling him he is destined to be a girls' coach. He's a natural.

Here's another cheerleader


Here's cheerleader #3:

String cheese is a must when you need to keep a 2 year old occupied for a long period of time.
I packed us dinner to eat in the bleachers.

Avery even got to meet the CFHS Eagle! She kept calling it a puppet!



I'm so proud to be an Aggie tonight. I just came across a video of Dude Perfect, a group of guys from Texas A&M who do crazy basketball trick shots. One of their shots is the longest basketball shot ever and could be in the Guiness book of world records. For every 100,000 people who view their camp edition videos on their website, they will sponsor a child through Compassion, which is a ministry I love. So go to their website and watch the long shot and the camp edition. Such cute Aggie guys! I'm so glad I've got me one right here to snuggle up to!


3 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

Happy Birthday, Daddy of 3 beautiful little girls!!! Great idea, Mel...picnic at the game. Hope all is well.

Erica said...

What a fun post! Happy Birthday, Brian!
We saw that video the other day. So glad to know the "back" story as well!

cristina said...

happy birthday, brian! hope you all have a great weekend celebrating! (the older we get the more days we get to celebrate.) :)