Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Two Books...

There are two books I want to advertise here on my blog if you're looking for some good reading:

My talented friend, Erica, just had her first book published! It's available for pre-order from Barnes & Noble now!! It's the first book in a series called Those Silly Sisters, so be looking for more books in the series to come soon. Check out her blog to find out more about her amazing adventures with her precious girls Brea & Brooke! I am so excited for you, Erica, and I can't wait to read your books to the silly sisters in my house!

My friend Amanda's mama wrote an amazing new book that is hitting me a little too close to home, but in a really good way. Be sure to pick up So Long, Insecurity (you've been a bad friend to us). But don't try to pick it up at the Copperfield Barnes & Nobles, because I bought the last one they had. I guess alot of people are insecure. I mean, I went right in and boldly searched for that book high and low, covering the same shelves & rotundas several times each, knowing that God did not have it in His plan for me to have to ask for help in finding it. When it became apparent that I was going to have to approach the help desk, I walked bravely toward the desk and upon seeing several people already in line, I busied myself looking at the tables of books close by so everyone else could ask their questions first. When everyone was gone, I took a deep breath and a step forward and asked for the book. When she told me it was on the same rotunda in the front that I had inspected at least three times already, I didn't argue. I nodded and confidently walked right up to the rotunda, knowing it wasn't there, praying ardently that the Lord would not make me have to ask her to come show it to me. But alas! There it was on the bottom shelf, the only copy of the book, somewhat hidden behind another stack of books. So... I know I probably don't need this book that much, but if any of y'all struggle with insecurity, you should definitely get it! (Ha!)

So anyway, if you are looking for a good book to read for yourself and/or for your kiddos, these are the ones you should get IMO.

No comments: