Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Brian

Asking for prayers again... check out Brian's blog to hear about his adventures in the Dominican Republic this week. I am so thankful is he following and serving the Lord there this week, but I am realizing now how big a difference his presence makes in my life. I am a better mom with him around (or at least with the hope of seeing him later in the day), I feel safer with him around, I feel more relaxed and at peace with him around, I feel secure and loved with him around. Why on earth did I ever encourage him to go on this trip?!?! Just kidding. Kindof.
I had a few moments of panic yesterday when it hit me that it is just me and these three little blessings for eight whole days, I know I need Jesus to help me in a big way this week. Please pray for Brian to be safe and have many opportunities to share Jesus with the Dominicans and please pray for me to have extra patience, gentleness and love. Thanks!

Also, I just have to recommend a great book I just finished. I bought it for Brian, but when I started looking through it, I couldn't put it down. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters will change the way you think about daddy/daughter relationships. If you are interested in knowing more about what role daddies plays in the way little girls turn out, you will not be able to put this down. It is not a "Christian" book, but I definitely think the author is a Christian. It opened my eyes to so many things about myself that my dad put in me... whether he knows it or not, I am in large part who I am today because of the way my dad went about his life during my childhood. And it makes me so thankful for the sweet, precious daddy that my little girls have too!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

How awesome that Brian is over there serving. Let's get together this next week for sure!
I want to get my hands on that book as well.