Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Park Day

The ducks at Copper Lakes were hungry today. They met us at our car and swarmed around us. Thankfully we were prepared with a little bit of bread and ritz crackers.

After we gave them everything we had, we decided to go home and get the new loaf of bread I had just bought and some old bagels that we were never going to eat and some old Doritos that had gotten stale and we went back and gave them to the ducks. They were so happy to see us come back. Avery even got to where she could pet a few of the babies. Tatum was afraid of them because they were so loud with all their quacking, and Laney just stared at them.

My little cutie going down the big slide
I cannot express how happy this curly hair makes me each day.

Typical Tatum smile


Tatum's knees have had a rough week. Once they scab over, she falls again and opens them right back up. I think it's because she always wears her shoes on the wrong feet and it makes her trip alot. I guess her mama ought to teach her to put them on the right feet!
Avery my goofball

Such a poser... she loves to model for my camera.



I just had to add a couple more pics from the dance recital.



Not really sure what I want to write about, but I feel the need to update the blog so I'm going to write something. What have we been up to lately? Well, Brian is still teaching summer school. He's home by 3:00 everyday so that is really nice. I am completely loving being home all day with the girls. We are staying busy, but not too busy. We usually have a playdate with Avery's school friends once a week, which has been really fun. Several of them have younger sisters that are Tatum's age and a few littler ones Laney's age, so it is fun for all of us. I have enjoyed getting to know the mama's too. It's funny how simply having a 5-year old gives you so many endless topics of conversation.


We also still have our kids' Bible study once a week. My dear friends, Bethany, Jeannine and Devon, and I have been doing this for almost 2 years and we have almost made it through the entire Old Testament curriculum from "Children Desiring God" with our kids. We rotate hosting and teaching the Bible lesson each week and it's been such a blessing for our kids to grow up together and learn more "in-depth" about the Bible with each other.
We are still enjoying our new church so much and loving being able to be involved in so many activities now that we live so close. I am hosting a ladies Bible study every other week through Beth Moore's Siesta summer bible study. We are doing "Ruth" by Kelly Minter and it has been so good. I just finished week one today. I don't know why, but I get so excited about being with other girls and discussing life and God's Word together, so this is super exciting for me. I am already so excited for our next meeting!

I am also doing some online professional development, which is kindof a drag but I know I will love myself next May when my hours are due and I don't have to cram them in in the midst of the busyness of spring. I have to get 25 hours per year and I already have 16 from the past few weeks of online classes! Wahoo!

Laney is finally done with bottles. I know that is pretty bad that it's taken me this long, but she refused to drink milk from a sippy cup for the longest time. She was fine with water or juice from a sippy, but would only take milk from a bottle. Well, I finally got to put the bottles away last week and we are all on sippy cups now. On the same note, I tried to give her an open cup (without a lid) several days ago and she was a pro at it. I'm pretty sure I didn't offer Avery an open cup until she was close to 3 years old. But Laney at 17 months old is totally in control of it. It's amazing how fast they can learn when given the chance.

2 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

the girls are absolutely beautiful. love that posed picture of Ave! what is on your calendar for Aug.11&12 or 15&16th....we will be in Houston on the 13th&14th for a fam.anniversary weekend and are hoping to come early or stay late so we can see you guys??? Let me know...I know school will prob.already be starting back. the kids and I can come early and Brandon can ride with other family if that's the only way it will work out...looking forward to it working out hopefully.

Anonymous said...

yeah, thanks for giving all our sandwich bread to the ducks! - your husband was missing his PBJ sandwich the next day for lunch!