Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bluebonnet pics 2009

We took the girls for bluebonnet pictures today in Hempstead. This is one of the few traditions we've kept really well as far as picture taking, and it's really fun to see how they've grown each year. Click here to see my post from last year when we took their bluebonnet pictures.

Here's the ones from today. Avery will be 4 on the 29th. Tatum will be 2 on May 16th, and Laney will be 3 months old on the 13th!


My FAVORITE! Will be on my blog heading soon!
There was another family there taking pictures that we asked to take this one.
Of course, the girls wouldn't look at a stranger and smile, so this is the best we could do.

My other favorite!
I love this one of Tatum & sweet Avery is so good at holding Laney


I found out yesterday that I got my job back, so that is a relief and a blessing. I hope I learned something from this experience. First, listen to the advice of family. My husband, my parents & my in-laws all were hesitant for me to quit my job, although they understood why I would want to. And second, be grateful for what God has uniquely chosen for me & my family, and quit trying to fit into any pre-concieved mold of how my life should be. My goal is to embrace my school and my job and not complain about it anymore. God has once again opened the door for me to be there, hopefully that will sink into my hard head and I will be at peace with what He has for me. My students really do bless me (95% of them, at least), and it's a privilege to get to hopefully impact them for the Lord.

There's been so much going on lately. Our next door neighbor passed away a couple days ago. It was really frightening, a bunch of ambulances, fire trucks & police cars parked on our street and finally took her out on a stretcher. We found out later that evening that she had died of a heart attack. We are both broken-hearted for that family, losing their wife and mother. It's hard to believe that she is gone. I didn't know her that well, but she came over occasionally to talk and to hold Laney. She walked her dog every day and loved watching our girls play with her dog. She always seemed lonely and hungry for someone to talk to. I regret that, although I was polite, I didn't give her as much attention as I could have. I don't know if she knew the Lord. I regret that fact the most.

We put our house on the market on Thursday. It's been alot of work, but we are really proud of how it looks. Hopefully it will bring alot of great memories to another family like it has to us. We are eager to move on to a bigger home with more space for us to spread out a little bit. We're hoping & praying it will happen quickly, but it's really comforting that the Lord knows our needs and will work the timing out perfectly for us to sell this house and find the right house for us to move into. If you know our address, you can look us up on har.com. We got new wood floors in our living room that we are loving! We packed up a ton of stuff and cleared out all the non-essential furniture & decor. It looks really plain, but our real estate agent told us that is how you attract buyers, so we'll see.

Okay, I need to go to bed! More soon...

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Hi Melanie, Your house looks great! I looked it up on har. I feel that we might be doing the same thing within a year or two. I just wonder where did you put all of your "non-essential" furniture/toys? I think we would have to get a storage unit to house all of ours. Honestly that is what is holding me back from putting this house on the market is the headache of showing it. (and the fact that we don't know where we want to live, haha).

p.s. your girls are adorable!!!

Kristen said...

Oh Melanie...your girls in the bluebonnets are just precious! You have such a great attitude about your job. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you try and sell your house.

Amanda said...

That's so sad about your neighbor!

Erica said...

Those pictures are adorable!
We should have gone together!
I am so sorry about your neighbor. We had that happen in FL and it is so hard. I am thrilled about your job. What a blessing. We will be praying for your house to sell as well. Miss you!