Friday, April 24, 2009

My Baby Daddy

This is what Brian had to wear to school today. He & the other coaches made a deal with the baseball team if they won 4 games in a row, the boys could pick out what the coaches had to wear to school one day. Well, they just won 4 games in a row, so the boys bought the coaches Hello Kitty t-shirts and "skinny" jeans for them to wear today. The "skinny" jeans weren't so bad, but the Hello Kitty t-shirt on Brian was pretty bad, it was a women's size large, so needless to say, it was pretty dang tight. This morning when we had our prayer time together, I specifically prayed for my husband that he wouldn't get beat up at school today. I am still praying this whenever he comes to mind. Thankfully our girls aren't old enough yet for this to damage Brian's dignity in their sight. Avery loved his shirt, I think she really thought it was cool that he was wearing Hello Kitty. Anyway, if they make it to playoffs, the coaches all have to get a mo-hawk, so here's hoping they will win these last three games. I would love to see my baby daddy with a mo-hawk.


It says "day dreamer" at the top amongst the flowers
Here's Tatum with two of her favorite possessions - No matter how many times we tell Tatum her name is Minnie, she insists in calling her "Mindy", which is pretty darn cute. And Dinoco Lightning (Lightning McQueen painted blue) is "Dico Yite-ning."


Okay the braids. Last Saturday, it stormed all day so we were stuck in the house. So me, trying to be creative and kill some time, asked Avery if she wanted some braids in her hair. I love braiding & doing my girls' hair, and Avery is usually a good sport about it. Anyway, she said she wanted lots of braids, so I went to work. We ended up with six long braids shooting out from the top of her head. That night when it was time for bath, Brian started to take the braids out, but Avery wanted to leave them in, so we said okay. Sunday morning we wake up, and yes, you guessed it, she wanted to wear them to church. So she did. I decided life is too short to have perfect hair every Sunday, and I figured her Sunday school teachers would get a good laugh out of it, so my little Jamaican went to church like this (except with a dress on).

After we took the braids out, she looked like a brunette version of Debbie Gibson in all her "Electric Youth".

Our little Laney-loo is growing so fast and getting some serious chub. Check out her chins & cheeks! I could just eat them up! We've decided she is looking alot like my dad, and my mom found some baby pictures of him to prove it. She's the best little sport in the world, just going with the flow of our crazy life right now. She & I have had several conversations lately where I get right in her face and tell her something and she talks right back to me with a bunch of coos and gurgles. I cannot wait until I can understand what she's saying and what her unique personality is.


We got an offer on our house yesterday!!! We countered today, so hopefully we will hear back from them either this afternoon or tomorrow, whether they can work with our counter or not. We are praying the Lord's will be done, so if this is it, we are so excited!

7 comments:

nikki said...

Oh man! You totally should have made him do jumping jacks while shouting "I'm a pony, I'm a pony!" So funny. He actually looks pretty good in it; very punk. What a good coach.

And you look so beautiful! We're praying you get a great offer for your house. miss you!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the mohawk...and I am praying for counter to go through!

Amanda said...

brian...wow. so happy about the house offer!

Jennifer Kindle said...

What a sport...I'm not sure Brandon would've agreed! The floors look great by the way...and your girls are so pretty. Little Laney's lips in that last picture are so stinkin' sweet I could just eat them off. Thanks for calling today. I'll try to keep you posted and I can't wait to hear on the house. Lots of love...us!

Unknown said...

So excited about the house for you! I love that Brian is such a sport. My favorite part of this post was when you talked about letting Avery go to church with braids. That was perfect. I hope that I am able to do that. It wouldn't have been okay for me to do that as a child and I know that sometimes dictates how I react to situations. You are so right and I know that made her day!!

Jennifer Kindle said...

I just showed Brandon the pictures of the Hello Kitty shirt and tight jeans...he laughed an said, "I don't know about it" when asked if he would wear that! Too funny.

Erica said...

Brian is cracking me up. I will be cheering the team on for the next 3 games! I can't wait to hear about the house. That is so exciting!
We've got gifts for the girls that I would love to bring over. Let me know when a good time would be.