Saturday, April 26, 2008

adorable defiance

avery's latest statements:

1. "mama, Jesus doesn't want you talking to me like that."
2. "tatum, you MUST learn to obey me!"
3. "i am the adult, mama. you are the child. i'm in charge."

the above statements were all said by me at some point this week, and she quickly figured out how to twist them around and use them to her advantage. the guy who wrote "shepherding a child's heart" (it's a great book) didn't give any advice on what to do when your child tries to "shepherd" your heart!

poor tatum, she was feeling better on wednesday and thursday. then last night she woke up at 2:30 am screaming. she was burning up and i could tell she felt horrible, so she and i slept in the recliner the rest of the night. don't know what to do for her, she puked again this morning too. poor thing. i'll call doc again on monday. only problem is i'm feeling kindof horrible too, but mom's aren't allowed to get sick, so i know this isn't really happening. i guess i better start popping the vitamin C. my mom is coming for a visit this weekend, thankfully. what perfect timing... God is good!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I have gotten the "I'M in charge" from my three year old MANY times.

Jennifer Kindle said...

Geez...I certainly hope little Tatum gets well sooner than later! And...Avery...little toot! Those comments of hers are quite brilliant.

Ronda said...

Those comments by Avery are just hilarious!