Thursday, April 10, 2008

what a week!

okay, i just need to vent about my week. here's the rundown:
1. i haven't been to the grocery store in two weeks because i refuse to go with two children, and every time it's just me and one child it's either raining or that child is too fussy to deal with the store or i don't have enough time. so our pantry/refrigerator are empty with no hope in sight.
2. two of my students got out of jail this week and came back to my classroom. both on assault charges. one of them got out of jail at 7 am and was in my 1st period the same day. the other one tried to pick a fight the second day she was in my class. needless to say, i was sweating. it's a little scary when you know without a doubt you are powerless to stop two kids from fighting if they really decide to go at it.
3. tatum has learned how to work me. yes, she's teething, but i give her teething tablets, tylenol, bottles of warm formula, i rock her, what else can the child want? she cries like she's being branded or something. today after i tried everything, i just put her in her crib and let her cry herself to sleep. am i a bad mother? well, i don't know, but i knew i would go nuts if i didn't have some peace. so now it is quiet and she is sleeping soundly.
4. yesterday i explained the legacy of president nixon to my class, how he was a good president but he will only be remembered for the watergate scandal. i compared it to president clinton... he may have done a few good things, but he will only be remembered for sleeping with an intern. one of my students raised his hand and said " i really don't see what the big deal is... he only slept with ONE other woman." that is the moral quality of our young ones today.
5. last night, i decided to start running again. for the first time since november, i ran. it felt so good, but i hurt so bad today. i think i'll do it again tonight.
6. i need to go pick up avery from MDO, so i'll have to think of something positive to post later.

3 comments:

cristina said...

oh, mel! you are NOT a bad mom--the fact that you even ask makes you a good mom. :)

"the days are long, but the years are short"

i have no idea who said it, but when i heard it, i knew it would be my mantra during these crazy years.....

hang in there, friend!

cristina said...

oh, and the new banner picture is precious. :) we have yet to brave the blue bonnets....

Jennifer Kindle said...

I laughed through the ENTIRE post..and read it to Brandon...he thinks the "branding" part was funny. No way are you a bad mother...geez, I told my kids last week that if they were dogs I would have already shot them in the head! I'll post more about that later but hang tight...it gets easier (so people keep telling me anyway!!!!!) Love ya and talk soon...jen