Friday, April 11, 2008

what a week, part 2

in response to yesterday's complaining, there are alot of good things in my life:
1. brian's baseball practice got rained out yesterday, so he came home early, and i took that as a sign from the Lord that I should go get a pedicure. so i did. i met a nice lady there who was going on a girls' trip to fredricksburg this weekend, and i told her to be sure to stop by comfort and go to bygone days. she wrote it down and said she would.
2. i got over myself and took 2 children to the grocery store yesterday (before i knew brian was going to be home early), and i'd like to say it went smoothly, but it didn't. it strengthened my resolve to never again take 2 children to the grocery store. but i did get some things to put in my pantry/refrigerator.
3. it's friday and i have some fun things planned this weekend. a playdate tomorrow morning, a baby shower for a good friend tomorrow afternoon, and perhaps a visit to the new outlet mall down the highway at some point.
4. gigi offered to keep avery for the day today, so it's just me and tate.
5. i ran again last night. although it hurt, i feel SO remarkably good. every muscle from my neck to the arches of my feet ache, but it's wonderful feeling. belle has enjoyed our runs immensely. poor dog barely ever gets out of our yard anymore, so if nothing else, i feel like i'm doing something nice for her.
6. several of my students decorated their tests today. i told them i'd give extra credit to the best drawing. one girl wrote "mrs. k rocks" in her funky graffiti writing, one drew president nixon, one drew the jungles of vietnam with bombs killing the vietcong, and one just drew a big smiley face. i love those kids.
7. we paid off one of our credit cards this week. praise the LORD... we have been working so hard to get out of debt and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
8. i quit working at the YMCA last week. it was just too much trying to juggle two jobs. i loved it there, but one job is enough right now.
9. i decided to withdraw from several summer opportunities that i had initially thought were good ideas. i still think they are good ideas, but not for me. i need to stop saying "yes" to everything everyone asks me to do.
10. the Lord is teaching me to relax, stop worrying about what people think and enjoy my life as it is right now, instead of always looking to and hoping for the future. easier said than done, but definately worth the effort.

4 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

sounds like today was better!!! :) the grocery store has only seen me lately at 9pm when all the boys are asleep...it's better for me and for them! I was thinking about our b-day trip and just can't decide...no money, no ideas..too many kids. We may have to shoot for something next summer!

melanie said...

sadly i must agree, i don't think we could do it before kate comes, and after she comes, i think you will have your hands full, i mean fuller. but we still want to come visit in august so maybe we can all go out for a big dinner at that yummy seafood place ya'll took us to last time, with the buffet. we can celebrate our 30th birthdays a little early. that would be fun.

Kristi said...

The shopping trips will get easier. I get through them by getting a quarter pound of salami for Aaron at the beginning of the trip and then he munches on that the rest of the time. I usually then give Noah some sort of job to do(i.e. something to look for) to keep him busy.

Ronda said...

Hey Melanie! I am so glad we are able to "reconnect" via blogging! It sounds like you are running full speed ahead right now! Your girls are absolutely beautiful! When I first saw your blog, I yelled to Chase, "You have to see how beautiful the Kratky girls are!" So glad all is well. I look forward to keeping in touch now that we have this outlet. :-)