Wednesday, April 16, 2008

tatum is 11 months!

it's hard to believe my baby will be ONE in a month! and my big girl will be THREE in a couple weeks. they bring so much JOY into my life. sometimes quickly followed by pain.
yesterday i was laying on the floor resting... tatum crawled over and got right up in my face and i thought she was just being silly, then she leaned in and took a big bite of my cheek! i almost cried it hurt so bad. advice: whatever you do, teach your baby to take a pacifier! avery's teething was never this bad b/c she always sucked the life out of her paci. i didn't force tatum to take a paci, and i regret it now!


speaking of my big girl, i was so pleased with avery's participation in her gyminicrickets class at the Y this week, i must share. the first couple months of class, she mostly watched the other kids and wandered off in her own little world. i don't think it was because she was being bad, i just think she didn't "get it" yet. well, i'm glad to report i think she is finally getting it. on monday, when they kids were supposed to be lions, she crawled like a lion. when they were supposed to find a color on the parachute, she found the right color. when they walking on the balance beam, she actually waited her turn and walked on the beam. i was so proud of my little gymnist b/c i could tell she felt so big and so accomplished that she was doing what the other kids were doing.
avery on the balance beam
she found the color blue on the parachute (and is hogging the ball, i might add)
about to do some kind of roll :)

so at school yesterday one of my students, we'll call him reggie, asked me point blank, "how do you know God is real?". he says he is an athiest. i am embarrased to admit, i was so shocked i had no good answer for him. i stumbled around saying something, but when he left my room i felt like i'd blown an opportunity God gave me. so last night i asked God what to say and i asked Him to speak through me. so today i found reggie again and we had a good talk about God and faith. i don't know and don't need to know if it made an impact or not, but i am glad it did give me a chance to be more bold about my faith to one of my students. i feel the Lord showing me that i am called to be a missionary at my school. it's not just a job, it's a very ripe mission field. please pray for reggie and for me to take better advantage of the opportunities God lays before me.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I have had the same feeling after some of my discussions with my brother, also an atheist,. Sometimes I can get my thoughts all sorted and other times it feels like I am just floundering. I try to pray before I talk when the subject comes up and hope that God will give me the words we both need.

Very cute pictures.

Jennifer Kindle said...

hey..love all the new pictures and my goodness gracious how they seem to grow every new picture you post. I'm proud of you for going home, praying about it and making a point to find him the next day and share the Truth. I remember at passion the guy outside of Marble Slab and we walked to Barnes & Noble to buy him a Bible...do you remember that? I've always admired you for that...I was so doubtful!

You've been tagged...if you care you can click on this link:
http://veryfullquiver.blogspot.com/2008/04/seven-random-things.html

nikki said...

It's so encouraging to hear that students have these questions. And what a blessing that you are the one who is able to share with them.