Friday, April 18, 2008

7 random things

i just got tagged by my good buddy jennifer at very full quiver to post seven random things about me. so here goes:

1. when i was little (3rd grade-ish), i dreamed of being in the olympics as a track & field star. my mom can confirm. jennifer lived out my dream, partially, as a track & field star at texas a&m. :)

2. my freshman year in college, i rode my bike twice a week to donate blood plasma. i made $35/week and there are still small holes in both my arms where the needles went.

3. i had two major bicycle wrecks on campus at texas a&m. the horror still haunts me. one was late at night... i tried to jump a median on university drive at an angle, and i was laid out all over university drive. thankfully there were no cars coming. the other wasn't as exciting, i just crashed into another bicycler.

4. speaking of wrecks, i've also been in 4 car wrecks. two were my fault, two weren't. i know the Lord has a plan for my life because i'm still here.

5. i ran the 2006 houston marathon, a feat i will never even attempt to duplicate. but i am so proud of that accomplishment.

6. i am a bookworm. if i could read all day i would. i prefer brainless novels, but i also read the occasional educational book. what i am reading currently: "emma" by jane austen, "shepherding a child's heart" by tedd trippe, and "free and clear" by howard dayton. loving all of them.

7. i dream of being able to sing. truly dream of it. i sing to my kids endlessly. they don't understand keys and pitch and tune. i don't either. i think in heaven, we will all share in what a wonderful feeling it must be to belt out a song at the top of your lungs and have it sound beautiful! AHH, i can't wait!!!!

okay, i dont' have 7 friends yet, so i am tagging the friends i have:
slabic family
learning to love
living for later

you can participate or not. if you do, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

Oh Lordy....that is exactly what I just said!!! I seriously didn't know about your bike crash on University....HILARIOUS!!!! I can picture it....were you looking around to see if anyone saw you? I bet some fat guy picking his nose saw you and wanted your hot body!!!