Friday, May 30, 2008

Blessed Week!

monday: memorial day, we did nothing. brian took avery to our neighborhood pool and i stayed home with tatum b/c she wasn't feeling well (neither was I).

tuesday: gave 1st period final and said goodbye to that sweet class. signed my contract for another year of teaching. i'm really okay with it, not excited, not depressed, just kindof "oh well". hopefully by the end of august i will be ready to go back. a new friend from sunday school, amanda, and her precious little boy jackson came over to play. he & avery played in the sandbox and gave us some good laughs. amanda has a GREAT blog, i added it to my friend list, so check it out. I especially like her title "baby bangs"... I am currently in the midst of a battle with that horrible phenomena that new mothers must deal with. those baby hairs that will not stay clipped back and will only stand straight up on my head, which makes for some pretty depressing hair-days lately. i think i need to buy myself some cute hats.

wednesday: said goodbye to 3rd period... not too terribly heart-wrenching. bethany, jeannine & I took our 7 kids to the pool and let them go nuts for a couple hours. we brought in panera for lunch, yum! i got my first sunburn of the summer, but it's turned kinda tan now. tatum is fearless, she tried several times to dive head first in the water. the kids had a blast and it makes me so thankful for good friends to "do life" with.

thursday: 2nd period came and left. brian found out he got hired for summer school - thank you Jesus! we needed that job. he also found out he doesn't have to coach football next fall, so that opens the door for him to start his master's next fall. again, thankyou Jesus! we are excited about that opportunity. my mom came in town so she could keep the girls friday. we went to clay's resturant again. we love that place!

friday: went to inservice, had to get a bunch of signatures to sign out for the year... really just jumping through hoops. i'm not one to stir the pot, so i jumped through them and drove away from school with a HUGE grin on my face. got fuddruckers for lunch with brian, mom and the girls. another HUGE grin on my face. on TV, watched the aggie girls' softball team beat louisiana and advance to the final 4 - whoop!!!

saturday: we are planning to take the girls to the pool in a few minutes. tonight brian & i are driving to college station to see the aggie regional baseball game - hopefully our boys can have the same outcome as our girls.

tomorrow brian & i are driving to SA to leave the girls with my parents for a few days, so we can get away for our 7th anniversary. we are going to austin - not sure what all we're going to do yet, but we're excited about it. i'm pretty sure our plans will include a round rock express baseball game. Lane's (my best friend growing up) dad is the pitching coach for the express! yes, we do really like baseball.

No comments: