Sunday, May 25, 2008

thankful to be a mom

tonight i am thankful to be a mom... it is so fulfilling to rock my little tate until she's sound asleep and totally at rest in my arms without a care in the world, and to lay next to avery in her bed with her little nose up against my nose and her little giggles make me start to giggle and we just hug each other and laugh. there's really nothing like it in the world.
avery's new thing is doing my hair, i think maybe b/c of her two new barbies, she's really into hair. anyway, every night this week she told me, "mama i need to do your hair." so i sit down and she brushes and clips my hair. brian took a video of it the other night (see below). yes, sometimes i'm biting my lip b/c she's not the most gentle hair-stylist ever, but i can't scold her...she is so focused on doing a good job and getting those clips to stay in!!!



i also wanted to include a picture of the new sandbox steve (brian's dad) built for the girls. i asked him several weeks ago if he could make one for their birthday party, and i just showed him a picture of the small 4x4 wood sandbox that i had in mind. anyway, he made this huge, wonderful thing, and we had fun painting it the day before the party. the girls LOVE it. once tatum learns not to eat the sand, i'll be loving it alot more too.

my little helper.

happy memorial day! our plans are.... absolutely nothing! and we are so happy about that. only 3 days of school left and summer is here! thankyou Jesus for bringing me through this school year! i took some cute pictures of my students last week, here they are.

1st period- LOVE this class, will truly miss them!

2nd period- quiet, but funny & sweet class
3rd period - crazy, loud & friendly class
God blessed me with wonderful students this year. part of the reason i'm worried about teaching next year is b/c i don't see any way i will have kids as good as these ones. good luck class of '09!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

Wow! The sandbox is GREAT. I thought that was cookie icing on Tatum's face but it's paint, huh? That's so funny. Oh...and we enjoyed the video...Avery will have to teach Kate the tricks of the trade.